Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I want to tone up and lose weight.?

I've been eating healthy and running for about 20-30 minutes and doing a few arm exercises with 5 lb. dumbells. Also 500 crunches at a time. The workouts are at least 5 days a week. What is the best for toning up my midsection, flabby grandma arms, and to get great legs. Does anyone know about the arm flab thats really noticible in tank tops? It's in the armpit area, how do I get rid of that. I'm not overweight but just really want to tone up and don't see many results with what I'm doing now (past 4 weeks).
Answer:
we cant choose which body parts to lose the weight off - so it has to be overall weight loss.
if you would be doing crunces wright (slow and feel abs burning) you only need max of 3 sets of 25 reps.
find calorie/fitness calculator on the net, enter all your stats and it will tell you how many calories you need a day to maintain, take off 300-400cal off that number and thats how much you need to lose.
eat 5-6 small meals a day (eat every 2-3 hours)
5-8 servings of fruit and veggies a day
8 glasses of water
have complex carbs for breakfast - they give you energy
have lean meat (protein) for dinner - repairs muscle
cardio exercise 4-6 times a week for 30-50min, light weight training
dont consume foods that are made of white flour (white bread, cakes, past etc.), sugar loaded foods (cookies, icecream, candy etc) and nothing fried, oily.
ofcourse you can spoil yourself once in a while with a little treat:)
Try jump roping. Tones up all the muscles in your body. upper and lower body. Try it..
I'd up the weight on those dumbbells if I were you. 5lb is little more than a bag of sugar usually. It's no wonder you aren't seeing anything in the arms, you need more weight than that. I find regular weight lifting helps me stay nice and toned. It helps you lose weight as well, because the more muscle you have, the higher your metabolism is.

No comments:

Post a Comment