Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I work two jobs and am always very tired. Do you think it is terribly bad to take pep pills with Red Bull?

I know it's not GOOD for you. But just how bad is it? Everyone is telling me I am going to have a heart attack. I am only 20 years old and doubt I will have a heart attack, but what do you think? Any doctors out there? THANKS
Answer:
"I am only 20 years old and doubt I will have a heart attack"?Don'rt deceive yourself. ANYONE of ANY AGE can have a heart attack.
The two substance you take increase your heart rate. Even if you are young - sooner or later, prolong usage will take its toll and your heart will no longer cope. Even if you DON'T have a heart attack - your heart may already sufferred that you will have problems later on in life.It's NOT worth it.Please, please, please ... look after yourself.
yes it can cause a very unsafe rise in your blood pressure which could cause a heart attack or it could cause your heart to just stop beating,either way you could die! dont risk it its not worth it! good luck.
well i am a college student too and i work up to and over 50 hours per week, every week of the year and still go to school. One thing about red bull and other drinks with caffine is that you get a caffine high/buzz whatever you want to call it. It keeps you going for a while but lets you down and even more tired later on. Caffine increases your heart rate - more blood to the brain. But it doesn't help your foggy brain to wake up. What I do to stay awake...is..try to get enough sleep. Nothing can substitute for enough sleep. I get 4.5 hours of sleep on a daily basis and can make it thru each day doing this: Immediately when i wake up i have a good big breakfast (bran flakes + milk, yoghurt, banana, 2 cereal bars, 1 x 500mg vitamin B pill). I drink a cup of coffee too just out of habit but you could probably get away with no coffee. The reason for vit B is that it supports for nervous system and brain functions..so you are more alert. Then I go about my daily tasks and have a snack at 9:00 am (i wake up at 4:30 am every morning). The snack is usually 2 more cereal bars because they are easy to take to work. Then I go to tschool and can actually concentrate because the vit B has kicked in and keeps me alert. After school I each a good sized lunch with lots of protein and carbs..for energy to get me thru the rest of the day as well as some more vit B. When I get home I eat a good dinner too before doing homework and then sleeping at 12am. When you sleep less than youshould you need to keep you body fueled all the time and if you spend 18 to 20 hours awake and active, don't worry about putting on weight. Just each good nutritiousfood and take vit B and you should be good every day. Red bull tastes nasty too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment