Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I would like to buy a treadmill but I am worried that it will make my electricity bill go up significantly.?


Answer:
Check the wattage of the motor.If 500 watts, it will use that amount in an hour. You are probably charged by the kilowatt, or 1000 watts. Check your electric bill for charge per kilowatt.An hour a day at 500w, 10 cents a Kw, is $.05x30 = $1.50 a month. If it is a 2Kw motor, $6.00 a month. If a 4Kw motor, $12.00 a month.Buy a few flourescent bulbs and and you can even out the cost.
Find a tall building and start taking the stairs or have a solar
panel installed on your roof and hook it up to a treadmill.
I bought a treadmill it didn't affect my electric bill at all. But to be fair I hardly used it and eventually never used it. I found that going to the gym kept me motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment