Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I want to wear shorts to school but I am I really conscious? I'm 14?

OK , I 'm not so sure if I feel comfortable wearing shorts around the house either , and I would feel really embrassed wearing them to school because I always believe myself to be fat in school , but when i come home and look in the mirror i see that i am not fat . ( i'm 5'10 and weigh 114lbs) about a year ago I struggled with eating disorders , could this be why i am so embrassed to wear shorts now , because i am still body concious? what should i do to solve this problem , I want to wear shorts and not feel embrassed in them?
Answer:
Instead of shorts wear capris or a skirt...as far as the bathing suit thing goes you will feel comfortable when you get older...until I was about 20 I wore a t-shirt over my bathing suit
Hmmm ive noticed most people women especially think that they are bigger than they actually are.Your weight is not fat far from it. In fact you could prolly stand to gain a few lbs. Dont be embarassed just go with it ocne you do it you will feel better. Then it will be easier.
I used to hate to wear shorts because I was too skinny. Six foot and 115 pounds. You've got to learn to live with it. The only way you'll get over it is to actually wear the shorts. At 14 everything about your body is changing almost constantly, so anything that isn't perfect today will probably be different in a month anyway, so why worry about it?
everyone is body conscious at 14. if you are 5'10'' and only weigh 114lbs. i would worry that you may be to thin. you are sooo far from fat. wear the shorts. why be sweat soaked and sticky? i don't think that the problem is that you are not comfortable in shorts. i think you just aren't comfortable in your own skin. therapist for that.
You definately have nothing to feel uncomfortable about. Being 5'10' and 114lbs is very thin. In fact you could probably weigh more.I'm sure you look beautiful and please don't think of yourself any other way!
Are you kidding me? Sweetie, your skinnier than a model!! Besides, who told you skinny is fashionable now? Look at all those actresses; scarlet johanson, jennifer Lopez, catherine zeta jones, they're all curvy and guys love them! You shouldnt be worrying about what you eat. Be happy! You're only young once. I'm 19, 5ft5 and weigh 115...well actually, i now weigh 119 pounds, and im getting compliments about the way i look! turns out, a few pounds here and there isn't so bad! So wear those shorts, and be proud of the way you look!!
P.S. i used to be self conscious bout wearing shorts too. So you know what i did? First, i started wearing them for bedtime. then during the day at home. then, when just around my friends. and now, i have no problem at all!! :)
If you'd like to chat more, contact me, ok? :D Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment